JOIN US for this historical Journey to visit the most preserved German defensive positions of the Second World War in Italy. We will start with the visit of the Headquarter of the Feld Marshal Albert Kesselring in Monte Soratte where the Supreme German Command of the South was based for 10 months until May 1944. After a private guided tour of the tunnels and bunkers our journey continues with a scenic ride towards Abruzzo. Our next destination is in the heart of the Abruzzo National Park into the remote Apennines Mountains we will reach Fonte Cerreto. Dinner and accommodation enjoy the stunning landscape. Next morning we will reach by cable-car (during summer) or by Mercedes van Campo Imperatore Hotel, where Mussolini was rescued by Skorzeny's Commando.
DAY 1 - THE BUNKERS AND FORTIFICATIONS OF MOUNT SORATTE, MARSHAL ALBERT KESSELRING'S HQ
- Pick up at your hotel or agreed meeting place and ride to Mount Soratte
- guided tour of the Bunker of Mount Soratte
- Lunch of typical products
- Drive to Gran Sasso
- Dinner and overnight
DAY 2 - CAMPO IMPERATORE HOTEL
- Cable-car ride (or by Mercedes van if not available) to Campo Imperatore Hotel
- Guided tour of the area including the astronomical observatory (summer time)
- Ride back to Rome (or to agreed next destination)
- Complimentary food and wine tastings.
- All entrance tickets to sites and museums
- personalized itinerary according to your interests and timeframe
- For further information and bookings, please email: email@example.com WhatsApp: +39 338 2458831