CASSINO MEDAL OF HONOR TOUR
This TOUR is a Tribute to 3 heroes who were awarded the highest military medal for actions above and beyond the call of duty in the battle of Monte Cassino. Learn their stories and also of other American GI's who were involved in one of the bloodiest battles of WWII.
- SGT Thomas E. McCall. San Angelo, 36th Texas Infantry Division, 143rd Regiment, Co F, 22nd January 1944
- PFC Leo J. Powers, Cassino, 34 Infantry Division, 133 Regiment, Co F, 3rd February 1944
- 2nd Lt. Paul F. Riordan, 34th Infantry Division, 133rd regiment, Co L, Cassino,
You will learn personal stories of men who gave their lives in the fight for freedom, who inspired with their example entire generations. They are the forgotten heroes of Monte Cassino but nor for us. Our commitment of keeping their spirit Alive is stronger than ever.
Pick up at Cassino train station, at your hotel or agreed meeting place and ride by our comfortable Mercedes 9 seater. This is a Full Day Tour (8 hours).
- Visit the battlefield north-west of Cassino, Hill 175, the barracks and jail area.
- Visit Castle Hill battleground area and memorial of the 34th Division.
- Lunch Break with typical products of the area
- Visit San Angelo, 36th T-Patchers memorials and the "Rapido river crossing area"
- Guided tour of the Abbey of Monte Cassino (If you have only one day the abbey of Monte Cassino
- Itinerary can be customized according to your interest and timeframe