WINTER LINE SECTOR: MEDAL OF HONOR WWII TOUR
This TOUR is designed to follow the footsteps of 3 heroes who were awarded the highest military medal for actions above and beyond the call of duty.
- CAPT. Maurice L. Britt 3rd Div., 30th Reg. , Co L, Monte Rotondo, 10th November 1943
- PFC Floyd K. Lindstrom, Monte La Defensa, 3rd Div,7th Regiment,11th November 1943,
- Joe C. Specker Mount Porchia, 48th Engineer Combat Bn, 7th January 1944
You will learn personal stories of men who gave their lives in the fight for freedom, who inspired with their example entire generations. Pick up at Cassino train station, at your hotel or agreed meeting place and ride by our comfortable Mercedes 9 seater. This is a Full Day Tour (8 hours).
- Visit WWII Museum in Mignano
- Visit the battleground in Mount Rotondo and Monte La Defensa
- Lunch Break with typical products of the area
- Visit the battleground of Monte Porchia
- Guided tour of the Abbey of Monte Cassino (If you have only one day the abbey of Monte Cassino will be included or join the Monte Cassino Medal of Honor WWII Tour for a second day tour)
- Itinerary can be customized according to your interest and timeframe